Update from Fr Conal – May 2021

Dear Parents and Guardians,

I trust that both you and your family are well and are delighted to have the children back safely in school again. I appreciate the frustration many of you feel at the uncertainty regarding the dates for First Holy Communion and Confirmation, especially as some parishes had set provisional dates for them. I decided to wait until the public health advice was clearer than it was up to now regarding June. That advice is finally clear. It says: “ First Holy Communions and Confirmations should not take place in May or June. Further advice will follow on resumption of these ceremonies when it is safe to do so”. 

I know this news will be a disappointment for the children and yourselves but at least it is clear. As soon as there are any changes in public health advice you will be the first people to be contacted.  Therefore there is no need for you to ring the school or the Presbytery.

In the meantime, we continue to be indebted to the teachers who all along have been preparing the children as diligently as ever for the celebration of these sacraments when ever that may be.

Yours sincerely,

Fr. Conal.