Parochial House September 8th 2020
Dear Parent (s) and Guardian(s),
We hope you are keeping well and have been coping well over the last few months and that you and your family are settling back to school life.
We are delighted to be able to tell you that the date for your child’s First Holy Communion has been organised.
First Holy Communion Errew NS 4.30pm Sunday October 18th 2020
Traditionally the schools organised the preparations for and on the day and due to our present restrictions this will not be the case this year. Music, Readings and Prayers will be the provided by the Parish. Even though it will not be the same as in other years we look forward with the same enthusiasm to this special day in your family’s life. Here are some guidelines and information for your safety and attention:
- In order to comply with Government guidelines and restrictions on social distancing and treating every child and school equally each family will be restricted to three people, i.e. child and parents/guardians.
- Each family unit of three will be allocated a seat on a first come first served basis.
- Families will gather outside in the church carpark in the designated 2m distanced spaces and will be guided into the Church by Stewards.
- Upon entry to the Church you will be asked to sanitize your hands before being ushered to your seat.
- Please follow the directions being given by the Stewards and Ushers at all times.
- The wearing of masks is necessary for adults.
- Once you take your seat movement around the Church will not be possible.
- No toilet facilities will be available.
- Unfortunately the taking of photographs in the Church before, during and after the ceremony will not be possible.
- For your family members unable to attend, the Ceremony will be streamed on castlebarparish.ie and available on parish radio @ 105.3fm. If you have any queries you can email Mary Connell on: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not contact the parish office). Thank you for your understanding and patience,
- Looking forward to celebrating your child’s First Holy Communion.
- Yours sincerely, Fr Conal Eustace PP